Skip to content
Back To Top
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces Cremini (aka Baby Bella) mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 large stalk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked and shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces or 2 small breasts OR an equivalent amount of turkey)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1 prepared pie crust for the bottom of the pie
- 1 box of prepared phyllo dough for the pie topping
- Sauté the mushrooms in a Dutch oven until browned.
- Add the carrots, celery, and spices.
- Scatter flour over the vegetables, and let cook for a few minutes.
- Add the milk, little by little, stirring to incorporate.
- Boil the mixture until thickened, then add the chicken, peas, onions, and thyme.
- Transfer the mixture to a pie dish with the prepared pie crust lining the bottom.
- For top crust, crumple individual sheets of phyllo dough (like folded tissues) and stick them onto the top of the pie filling; do this until the entire pie is covered.
- Brush the folded pieces of phyllo dough with melted butter.
- Bake the chicken pot pie at 425 degrees Fahreheit for 25 minutes, until golden.
- After removing from the oven, let the pie rest for a few minutes before serving.