- Experience with creating, customizing, troubleshooting, optimizing and extending websites using content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, MODX, Craft CMS or Squarespace.
- Experience with Git and distributed version control practices.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Experience building a jQuery plugin
This job has a heavy remote component, so you need to either:
- Be comfortable being 100% remote or
- Be in the Boulder/Denver area and be willing to be in the Boulder office 1-3 days a week
The key things to know about Culture Foundry specific to this role:
- The standard we aspire to with every delivery is “beautiful technology,” meaning your work needs to demonstrate visual elegance and user empathy
- We are a distributed and extremely flexible team. This may sound great, but can prove dangerous if that’s not a match for how you work most effectively.
- We score on delivery. A sharp problem-solver mindset is essential.
We also strongly favor real-world examples of live websites or applications you’ve built (or been integral to building): live URLs we can try out, play with, and then try to break. These examples will be the likely focus of our discussions about the role. Applications that include “I built this!” live URL examples are much more likely to make it to the next stage of the process.
How to be considered
To apply, email your resume, example live-site URLs, and code samples (or GitHub repo URL) to email@example.com. Please include “Junior Software Engineer application” in the email title.