Culture Foundry is a digital agency focused on connecting the world with beautiful technology. We build websites and custom applications for clients large and small.
We are technology agnostic. We believe in choosing the right tool for the job. Our team has experience in Ruby/Rails, PHP, Drupal, MODX, WordPress, Craft CMS, Angular, Vue, Golang, React, iOS and Android. We even occasionally work with .NET code.
We work as a distributed team with staff all across the U.S., and have offices / nexus points in Boulder, Seattle, Portland and Austin.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We value what our creative director calls “hybrid” personalities, people who are as comfortable in conversation as they are in code.
Most of our projects center around a content management system, so experience with Drupal, WordPress, MODX or Craft CMS is highly desired. That said, if you’ve developed some compelling alternatives to these technologies you think we should consider, feel free to make your pitch.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to deliver working solutions to our clients.
- Understanding of HTTP, REST and modern web frameworks
- Experience (five years or more) delivering multiple large scale web applications
- RDBMS expertise
- Proficiency with Git and distributed version control practices
- Willingness to do enhancement development and bug fixes on existing applications
- Strong desire to play a mentorship role to help our Junior Software Engineers and Web Developer Interns grow and thrive
- Actual live URLs of things you have built that we can inspect at this very moment
- Experience as a technical leader of a project from start to end, including project setup, technical recommendations, client discussions and delivery
- Experience hand-building a truly RESTful API
- Experience with devops techniques and tools like Puppet
- Experience with system administration for Linux on Amazon EC2
- Interest in development process refactoring or experience with kanban or scrum
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with automated testing and automated build and deployment processes
- A strong background in OO principles
How we roll
To get a better sense of Culture Foundry and whether it’s the type of environment you’d thrive in, check our our blog posts on our core purpose and core values. Also worth reading: a typical day for a developer, our development process, and our philosophy on one to ones.
Email your resume and some sparkling opening repartee to firstname.lastname@example.org